Jeans, Zara | Shirt, Zara | Leather jacket, Sandro via The Dressmaker's Vault | Boots, Valensi c/o Sarenza | Necklace, H&M | Ring, H&M
I always find it bizarre that so many people just don't wear jeans. I've always thought of them as an absolute staple in every wardrobe, like nude underwear or black leather flats. They're classic, they never date, they can be thrown on in an instant and dressed up or down. My love for denim knows no bounds and if I'm really honest, without this blog I'd probably wear my skinny jeans every day.
I own about 20 pairs of jeans in a variety of fits and hues. I've probably bought from every high street range available, and have a tried and tested list of my favourites. If you're still doubtful about denim, here are my recommendations - go on, try a pair!
- Topshop's Kristen High Waisted Jeans - classic skinny jeans with a very slim leg and high waist. This style retain their shape really well after washing and wearing and come in a range of shades. At £40 they're not the cheapest but definitely worth the price. See how I wore them here.
- Next Zip Pocket Skinny Jeans - form-fitting skinny jeans with a mid rise in a range of bright colours. The denim on these jeans is quite thick and stiff so they can be uncomfortable, but I love the range of colours and at £24 they're great value. See how I wore them here.
- Zara TRF Slim Jeans - slim leg jeans with a mid rise and soft, stretchy denim. These are the jeans I'm wearing in these photos. I picked them up in the Zara sale for £17.99 and got three pairs - the light wash (shown above), the dark wash and the black wash. They're great, inexpensive, everyday jeans but do sag around the knees and waist after a few wears.
- Gap Sexy Boyfriend Jeans - loose fitting with tapered leg and soft denim. Despite the awful name, these are my favourite Sunday Afternoon Jeans. The tapered leg makes them much more flattering than other boyfriend jeans - I need to try them with heels! More expensive at £49.95 but very good quality.
- UJ Jeans - a range of styles and washes with free leg alterations in-store. I love Uniqlo jeans - the heavier denim means they sit nicely without creasing or sagging and there's a range of shades to suit everyone. Best of all, though, is their in-store alterations service - try a pair on, get a member of staff to pin them to your desired length and pick them up 20 minutes later, the perfect length for your pins. See how I wore them here.
Do you wear jeans? Which are your favourite styles? And if you don't - why not?